The Astronomical Society of Greenwich, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 association of amateur astronomers affiliated with The Bruce Museum in Greenwich CT to advance awareness and understanding of the science of astronomy for area residents and K-12 local students, though the following programs:
- Participation in community educational outreach programs in cooperation with The Bruce Museum and other community organizations.
- Manage the Bowman Observatory in Greenwich. We have installed a new, state-of-the-art telescope on behalf of the Greenwich Board of Education. The Bowman Observatory is open to the public the first and third Wednesday of every month, weather permitting, and it is also open to private groups by appointment.
- Facilitate contact among amateur astronomers for discussion and research of related scientific matters and maintaining liaison with other astronomical organizations in the Fairfield-Westchester area.
- Host lectures, workshops and other programs at our monthly meetings, all of which are open to the public.
- Publish a monthly bulletin.